Friday, July 19, 2013

Foggy Windows, and a New "Office"

Foggy windows.

In July.

From the humidity.

It's weird.

I moved from working in my parents' front room to working in the room above their shed/garage thing in their backyard.  It's nice to have my own space, and some peace and quiet. It's nice to know I'm not keeping anyone awake, or in anyone's way.

DataWise sent me a new printer (HOORAY!), along with toner and a box of paper.  I finally told Donni how horrible my old DataWise printer was, and how I didn't think it was worth it to move it with us. She shipped a new one to my parents' front door.  What service!

Lance bought me (or us) a new computer screen. My old one was probably 12 inches. This one is 22 inches, or something. I feel like it's huge! And bright!  Lance also bought a new wireless mouse, since my old one died.  My dad's friend gave him a few keyboards he wasn't using, so I've switched to one of those as well. I wasn't going to switch, because I'm picky about my keyboards.

You know how Home, Delete, End, Page Up, and Page Down are rearranged on pretty much every keyboard?  Mine is the least popular way (at least, that's what it feels like), where Home is above an extra large Delete key, then next to those are the End key, with Page Up under that and Page Down under that.

Not that you care. But I care!

So yeah, I've basically got a whole new set up going on here.

There is a window A/C unit that keeps the humidity out here in check, but it's FREEZING cold!!  Just when I start to feel an OK temperature, it switches on again to freeze me out. So I'm wearing a sweater.

If I turn it off, it gets too humid, so then it's humid and cold.

I'm a little lonely out here. I don't get to hear my baby babbling or playing, and and I have to walk across the yard and into the house to use the potty. Extra exercise doesn't bother me. Being away from my child is also not necessarily a bad thing, as long as I'm notified when it's bedtime and can come in and say prayers.

Another thing about this room was that it was practically untouched for a couple of years, and so it has grown mold on the walls.  My parents bleached the shiz out of it a couple of weeks ago, and yesterday my dad vacuumed up the dead mold, but it still smells pretty musty. I've been periodically spraying it with Lysol spray and Spic and Span.  It's getting better.

Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment