Thursday, July 11, 2013

Midvale, UT to Sidney, NE

We wanted to leave this morning at 7am, but that was impossible. Yesterday we found out that someone from maintenance had to inspect our apartment before we left and they don't make appointments.

Both Lance and I cleaned like crazy yesterday, only to have the inspector come in this morning at 10am and tell us how crappy everything looked. He said we'd need a full cleaning and it would be $200 unless we did more deep cleaning ourselves.

It was humiliating and I wished I hadn't cleaned a thing. I cried. Whatever.

We got on the road at 10:30am. We made 2 stops then arrived at Sidney, Nebraska at about 7pm today. We ate dinner at a Mexican restaurant next to our hotel and now we're going to bed.

The drive hasn't been bad so far, although Lily is wearing down my patience. We all take turns sitting by her and attempting to keep her happy. Having my mom with us has been great, she helps a lot.

Tomorrow we stay in Kansas City, MO.

No comments:

Post a Comment