Thursday, July 18, 2013

Humidity Wasn't What I Thought

My mom and I decided to go for a stroll to TJ Maxx yesterday morning. I got myself and Lily all slathered in sunscreen (as usual), strapped Lily into the stroller, and we started walking.

TJ Maxx is about a mile away from my parents' house. There are tons of trees so the walk was in the shade most of the time, so I didn't think it would be a big deal.  At San Moritz I would walk around the complex with Lily and my two dogs, Layla and Bentley, without shade, and it wasn't ever very strenuous so I didn't think this would be very difficult either.

I soon realized how wrong I was, when I was covered in sweat by the time we got to the end of their driveway.  Was it hot? Not really. Humidity.  Humidity is disgusting. When I'm outside I feel like I'm constantly sweating, even if I'm not sweating. It's simply the moisture in the air clinging to me, making my face a drippy mess, and making my clothes stick to me.

I had originally planned to just come along while my mom bought a new can opener, but I wanted to stay in the store longer since it was so nasty outside, so I did a little dress shopping.

You see, most of my clothes got sent with the shipping company, so I didn't have anything to wear to church on Sunday.  I bought two very cute dresses (I couldn't decide which one I liked better), and then we called Emilee to come pick us up so we didn't have to walk back.

I think I will stay inside for the rest of the summer.

By the way, Emilee drives? How weird is that?!

And also, I need to figure out how to make makeup stay beautiful when my face is dripping wet.

1 comment: