Sunday, February 23, 2014

Focus T25 - Week 1

Day 2 - Tuesday | Speed 1.0

Just like day 1, I did my best to keep up with the "real" workout, but ended up doing the modified version for most of it.

This workout was fun, kind of reminded me of hip hop dancing with the rhythms.  The moves were easy to follow.

Someone knocked on my door during the last minute of the workout, so I missed the last minute and the cool down stretch.

Day 3 - Wednesday | Total Body Circuit

I just finished and I am drenched in sweat.  I did the modified pretty much the entire time.  I was worried that doing the modified exercises meant I wasn't going to be working very hard, but I am exhausted.

I woke up really, really, sore today. I almost think it's because I didn't do the cool down stretch yesterday.

I've noticed that it's easier for me to go to bed at night, because I'm so tired. I've also noticed that it's harder for me to get up in the morning, because I'm so sore.

The moves today were a little harder to follow. It might be because I'm sore and tired, but judging by the amount of sweat on me right now, I think I worked hard enough.

Day 4 - Thursday | Ab Intervals

This morning I was still sore, but not as sore as yesterday.

After finishing this workout just now, I'm not nearly as sweaty and tired as I was yesterday. It's a hard workout, but that's probably just because my abs are totally trashed.  Hopefully after 10 weeks they will be a little better.  There are definitely some unique ab workout moves in this video, and I look forward to getting better at them.

During the workout I feel like I'm working hard, but afterwards, since I'm not as exhausted as I am after an Insanity workout, I worry that I'm not working hard enough.

Day 5 - Friday | Cardio | Lower Focus

They LIED about it only being 25 minutes a day. On Fridays they recommend doing two workouts.  So, when you're already tired and sore, they make you workout double time!

It's brilliant, really. Get you hooked on the high you get after exercising, and then throw this monster at you.

Since there were two workouts, I did the first one before I put Lily down for her nap.  She thought it was so fun, she was watching the TV and trying to do the moves. Oh my goodness it was adorable!  Mostly she just ran around me in circles, and clapped her hands a lot.

I did trip her (on accident!) a couple of times.

The workouts today were really hard.  My abs are really sore from yesterday. The soreness is really deep. I don't know if I can explain it better.

I'd already done the Cardio workout on Monday, and I did more of the modified versions today than I did on Monday.  It was either that or I was going to stop moving altogether, so I opted for the lesser of the two evils.

The Lower Focus video is all about the legs.  It's a big muscle group so each move was really exhausting.  My legs are jelly.

I'm tired and sweaty and I need to shower. After my shower, I can't decide if I want to get dolled up for my one night out of the house, or take a nap.



Day 6 - STATurday

I'm up .2 pounds.

I'm not worried. I always gain weight when I start exercising.

In fact, I don't think I've ever lost weight by exercising. I've always gained.

Day 7 - Sunday | Stretch

That was kind of a strange "workout." I wouldn't consider it yoga-ish, but then, I'm not really familiar with everything yoga. Anyhow, I feel really relaxed right now.

Ready for week 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment