Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Fun Week

We've had an interesting couple of weeks.

My mom braved the 9 hour drive from Raleigh to here last week, and spent a week with us. We had fun. It was nice to have someone to talk to during the day, and to be able to get out of the house and drive somewhere if we wanted.

She also did dishes a lot, which is nice since I hate doing them. :)

And she bought us garbage cans since we still hadn't purchased any.


Don't worry - our trash wasn't hanging out all over the house. We were using trash bags, just no can.

One day we went to a Flea Market that is about 5 minutes away.  Lots of cool stuff in there!  My mom bought Lily some really cute sunglasses.


The very first booth we went past in the Flea Market had tons of MAC and Mary Kay makeup.  Obviously fake, however, still tempting.  They looked almost identical to the real products.  I almost purchased a hot pink colored MAC blush, but I resisted.  First of all, isn't it illegal?  They're pretending to be a brand that they are not!  I've accidentally purchased fake MAC makeup before. It was from a home party, and the person said she worked for MAC, selling the makeup that had "packaging issues".

Lies.

She ordered fake stuff from China and sold it to us. And the "packaging issues" are from not being able to have 100% matching packaging.  The products were still good quality. However, since they were fake, there is no way to know what ingredients were put in them, or if they're even safe by US standards.

So that's my two cents. Don't buy fake makeup.




Last Friday we got invited to dinner at Belinda's house. Belinda is the Secretary in Primary, as well as one of the sisters that I visit teach.  She is such a sweet lady.  I had a good time.  Since I can't really make it to ward activities due to my work schedule, it was nice seeing people outside of Sunday church.

I really have some awesome people in my ward.

And when I accidentally said, "Eff that!" (Really, like that, I didn't say the "F" word.)  no one blinked an eye.

As soon as it came out of my mouth I was like, "Oh crap!"  I need to work in my euphemisms. 

Yes, I have a language problem. And while "eff that" isn't bad, it implies something else, which I may or may not have said before.



 

This past Sunday in Sacrament meeting, Lily threw up all over me.

Yummy.

We had gotten to church about 5 minutes late, so we were in the back on the hard seats, in the gym.

After the first speaker, Lily started having a coughing fit and then tossed her cookies.

Lance and I both sat there like deer in headlights.  Then our friend Jake, hopped up, and moved the chair in front of us so we could make an escape without having to walk past everyone on our row. Thank goodness, because not everyone loves the smell of throw up. Or anyone.

I ran to the bathroom and scrubbed what I could off of Lily and myself.  When I got back to the chapel, Lance and Jake had some disinfectant spray and a whole roll of paper towels and they were cleaning it up off the floor.

Thank goodness we were in the gym with the wood floors.  I can't imagine trying to clean throw up out of carpet and upholstered seats in the middle of Sacrament meeting.

Everyone was so nice and helpful.  Jake's two daughters had been sick the past couple of weeks, so he was really understanding.

Then a sister in the Relief Society presidency, Becky, told me she would tell Meredith, the Primary President, that I had to leave.

Over the past couple of days I have received texts from Meredith, and Dani, my VT companion, and my mom, all checking up on me and Lily.

It's so nice to know that people care and are there to help if I need them.  Since I don't have a car during the day, it's nice to know there are people nearby who are willing to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment