Monday, February 17, 2014

Focus T25

Monday | Day 1 | Cardio



I started a new workout program.

Sometimes on weekends, I watch TV really late at night, and that's when I watch really awesome infomercials.

I really love infomercials. They are cheesy and ridiculous.

T25 is a new workout program from Beach Body. Shaun T is the trainer. Shaun T was also the trainer on Hop Hop Abs, Insanity, and Asylum.  So what makes T25 different?

It's only 25 minutes.

That's what got me.



For months now I've been really wanting to get back into Insanity, but then when I remember that the workouts are an hour long I decide I don't have time. Or energy.

I used to work out in the early mornings before I went to work. (Back when I worked in the office.)  After I had Lily I started working from home, and when I got back into working out, I would work out after work. That means I would start exercising any time between 11pm and 1am.

Now that I live on the east coast, if I worked out after work I would have to start sometime between 1am and 3am.


No.


I could work out during Lily's nap time, which is still two hours long.  However, after working out and showering that would leave 45 minutes to do all my other motherly things that I can't really do while simultaneously entertaining a toddler.

So, T25.  A 25 minute workout that I can do right after I put Lily down. Then I can shower, and still have 1 hour and 15 minutes to do my other motherly things.

Yes, 30 minutes are that precious.


I'm sure I'm not alone in this, but sometimes I really miss having 8 hours of sleep, 8 hours of work, along with 8 hours every day to do whatever the crap I wanted.

That beautiful 8 hours of "free time" is now down to 2 hours in the middle of the day.  Sometimes it makes me die a little inside. But then I remember how freakin' adorable Lily is, and how special she is, and how much I love her and then I remember how much it's all worth it.

And then sometimes I'm still really upset that when she's in bed for the night, I'm chained to my computer instead of able to spend time with my husband.

Here are some fancy, high quality before pictures (haha).




If I don't look different in my after pictures, I will definitely regret posting those.




Anyway, without further ado...



How did my first workout go?

Well T25 has a modified (aka easy) version for us beginners to do until we can keep up with the regular workouts.  It's just one person, who does easier, low impact versions of each move.  I tried to keep up with the regular moves but crapped out about 5 minutes into the workout. So I stayed with the modified version and did really well!  I'm still really tired, and my legs are jelly, which are things I love to feel after a workout.

Each move gets progressively harder as the sequence goes on.  Then when you've worked that certain muscle group to the max, it switches to a new sequence.

After the first workout, I honestly do prefer Insanity. I feel like Insanity pushes me harder, especially since you have your Fit Test every couple of weeks, which motivates you to compete with yourself. This workout program doesn't have that, it just prompts you to weigh yourself and take measurements every week.

Basically, I'm doing the program because it's 25 minutes, it's Shaun T, and the results they showed in the infomercial inspired me. I know there are other workouts that are only 25 minutes long. I also know I won't get results like the people in the infomercial unless I commit to the eating plan.

I've written down my starting weight, and my goal weight. I'm still thinking about what I will reward myself with if I reach that goal.  I'm thinking about doing several rewards. For example, if I lose 5 lbs I get one thing, but if I lose 10 lbs I'll get something better.

My goal is to lose 17.2 lbs in 10 weeks.


I plan to continue cooking dinner 5 nights a week, eating at one sit-down restaurant each week, and one fast food restaurant each week. I also plan to continue to go on walks with Lily, and once it starts warming up we'll go to the pool a lot as well.

I think I can do it! I'm hoping to feel awesome by the end of April.


No comments:

Post a Comment