Saturday, June 22, 2013

All About Lily

Lily had her 15 month appointment yesterday. Doctor Arnold said she's doing really well. One of the questions the nurse asked this month was if Lily could say 5 or more words, I had to stop and think for a minute. Made me feel like a bad mom to not know how many words Lily can use.

So here's her list: Hi, mama, dada, no no no, bye, beep beep, oh!, pretty (that's what she says when I'm putting on makeup, or if we put lotion on her), chicken, yum yum, and she used to say "spider" but hasn't in a while.

Lily loves clothing and will play dress up with all her clothes if she can get to them. She puts as many items as she can around her neck and on her head and walks around, or comes to show me.

She's a good walker, and can almost run. If she's trying to get into something she shouldn't (like dog food), or if she's running away from you, she can go really fast.

She thinks it's funny when I tell her "no no!" And she usually shakes her finger and says it back to me.

She loves to climb up onto the couch and play with the thermostat.

She loves to be chased.

She always notices when I paint my nails - even if they were painted before and I changed the color.

If you ask her where her ears, nose, and bellybutton are, she can show you.

When I go in her room to get her in the morning, she likes to lay down and say "shoo shoo" like she's snoring. So I lay on the floor and do it too.

She folds her arms when we say "lets have a prayer!"

She thinks the dogs are hilarious, especially when she throws her food at them.

She screams for joy when dada comes home from work.

If you ask her for a kiss she'll pucker up and say, "mmmm" until you kiss her.

She loves going for walks and people watching.

She loves to count fingers and toes. It sounds like "ba, ba, ba" as she points to each one, but sometimes you can hear "bee bo bie" for 3, 4, and 5.

Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood is her favorite show, but she only pays attention to the theme song, then moves on to playing with something else. If she's sad, I just have to sing the theme song to her. I like Daniel Tiger too, it's the new version of Mr. Rogers. ("It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood...")

She loves baths and loves swimming.

She loves food and will eat most things.


I love my sweet little girl. She makes us so happy!  She is constantly making us laugh or smile. I love being her mom.



1 comment:

  1. Gosh, she is so cute! I'm so excited for you guys to move out here!

    ReplyDelete