Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Heart Attack

We went to Vegas last weekend.

It was kind of a last minute decision on Thursday afternoon.  We didn't even book the hotel until Friday morning.

We stayed at the Monte Carlo.  The room was average, the bed wasn't the most comfortable, but I've been in worse.  The pool was amazing!  They have three pools and a hot tub at the Monte Carlo. There is a "lagoon" which is a basic pool.  They have a "lazy river" which is pretty awesome. If you've been to Seven Peaks, it's just like that. It's water that goes around and around and around the same course over and over again.  They also have a wave pool, which is also like Seven Peaks' wave pool.  We went in each pool, and I had the most fun in the wave pool with Lily.  She liked it too.  After being in the deep part for a while, we went out to the shallow part, and I stood her up where the water reached her feet.  She had a good time walking and splashing around.

This is not my photo, but it shows the four pools.


Monte Carlo's location is really good.  It was a short walk to get to the Coke store and the M&M store, which is something Lance and I always do when we visit Vegas. The stores were literally right across the street. In fact we could see the stores from our "strip view" room.  By the way, "strip view" isn't very cool. I'd rather see a vast blanket of sparkling lights, rather than the construction and crowds on the strip. So note to self, ask for pool view or city view.  Anyway, the location was nice.  At the Coke store we did the ice cream float variety where they put a scoop of vanilla ice cream in eight different types of soda.  My favorite this time was Fanta Strawberry.  It just hit the spot.  I also like Mello Yellow with ice cream, and just plain ol' Coke with ice cream is good too.



Included in our hotel reservation were two free buffets.  We could choose from several different hotels' buffets, but we chose to eat at the one at the Monte Carlo. It was really delicious!  I had some sushi that was amazing... I think it had cilantro on it.  I'm not sure about that, but it was really, really good.  I also had the most amazing dessert I've ever had at a buffet.  It was a small portion of chocolate pudding, inside a chocolate shell, with a little bit of whipped cream and a chocolate decoration on top.  I don't normally go for the chocolate desserts; I prefer fruity ones.  However, this chocolate pudding was so delicious! It had a real, rich, decadent, dark chocolate taste to it.  I can't even describe it well enough, it was just amazing.

We visited Fremont Street.  Lily had fun staring at all the weirdos. Hinder was in town giving a free concert, but neither of us are fans so we didn't stick around. We ate at the Heart Attack Grill. We had heard about the Heart Attack Grill a while back when a guy suffered a heart attack while eating there.  Kind of ironic, no?  This place kind of has a sick sense of humor, which I believe was how it was decorated before the heart attacks and deaths were associated with this restaurant.

This is also not my photo, but you should eat here.


You have to pay with cash.  There is a sign saying, "Cash only, you might die before the card clears!"  When you walk in, you are greeted by a "nurse", she puts an arm band on you that says, "I had a bypass at the Heart Attack Grill!" Then they put a hospital gown on you.  I'm not kidding. All customers have to wear a hospital gown.  I felt a little ridiculous, but everyone in there was dressed the same so it wasn't really a big deal. Bonus - if you get messy, your clothes aren't ruined! :-D

If you weigh 350 pounds or more you eat for free.

How was the food?  I loved it.  Absolutely delicious. I got a Single Bypass, with no chilli, and no bacon.  I finished just a little over half of it.  I'm pretty sure they try to make everything as unhealthy as possible.  Here's their menu:



These burgers are huge. Each patty is a 1/2 pound of beef, I think.  The fries had a really good flavor, but I didn't eat much of them. Lily chowed down though!

I don't know about you, but a butterfat milkshake sounds wonderful.

Lance got a Double Bypass, with chili and bacon.  Both of us underestimated the size of these burgers, we should have shared the Single Bypass, and that would have been a normal sized burger.  If you add bacon, they add 5 slices of bacon for each patty.  So there are 5 slices on the single, 10 on the double, 15 on the triple, etc.  Holy cow!

If you're curious about the deaths associated with this restaurant, just do a search and you'll find all you need to know.  Obviously this food is unhealthy. I didn't go here to order a salad, I came here to have a delicious, juicy, fattening burger.  I would eat here again.

If you eat here, I recommend walking the entire length of the strip afterwards. That way, you might burn off half of the calories you will consume.



After Heart Attack, we walked half of the strip. We wanted Lily to see the Bellagio fountains and the Mirage volcano.  She liked the fountains. I think it's so cute when things catch her attention... not many things do. She is a busy girl!  The Mirage volcano never erupted, so that was lame.  2 hours of walking for a little 3 minute fountain show?  Worth it.  Mostly because of the calories we needed to burn off from dinner.



This is probably our last visit to Vegas. It makes me a little sad.

1 comment:

  1. How fun! That burger place sounds insaine! I'm gald you got to go before you move.

    ReplyDelete