Wednesday, June 19, 2013

ipsy June Glam Bag!

It finally came!

Ever since I joined a month ago, I've been so excited and impatient for this glam bag to come. Shortly after I joined, they started sending out "sneak peeks."  As if I wasn't excited already!

It came today, and I am not disappointed!

Note: I took all these pictures myself. I have little, if any, photography talent. I didn't feel right stealing pictures from other people.


It ships in this adorable shiny pink envelope!  I love it!

Here is a picture of the bag, with my 5 items.

  • Cailyn Line-Fix Gel Eyeliner in Iron.  Full size. $21 if you buy it from Cailyn's site.

This is so awesome for many reasons, but also because comes with its own brush applicator in the lid! It is water proof and smudge proof. I have one gel eyeliner from Victoria's Secret that I absolutely love, but this one is much higher quality. I used it today, and it is wonderful! I love that it is waterproof, especially for the summer time. I feel really naked without eyeliner, because I have extremely thin eyelashes. So, to be able to go swimming and still look like I have a little bit of makeup on is a wonderful thing!  Also, I am moving to a place with a more humid climate, so it's nice to know it won't melt off my face.  I have really dry skin, and currently don't have an issue with makeup melting, but who knows what will happen in the south.

  • J.cat Sparkling Cream Palette in Suzie. Full size. $4.49 if you buy it from J. cat's site.  

This is not to be used as eyeshadow, but body glitter. Some creative ipsy subscribers have used it on their nails, underneath a clear coat.  I personally do not like these colors, so I will probably only use this for Halloween, somehow or another. I also have two younger sisters who are welcome to use it any time and any way they'd like! :-)

  • Starlooks Lip Pencil in Tipsy. Full size. $12 if you buy it from Starlooks' site.

This color is a very bright pinkish-orange color. I felt like it was too bright at first, but I put it on underneath a sheer-pink gloss and it's kind of growing on me. I feel like it has really good staying power, and I'll be happy to use it underneath my lipsticks.

  • NYX Rouge Cream Blush in Boho Chic. Full size. $6 if you buy it from NYX's site.
NYX blush is on the left, MAC mineral blush is on the right.
 I'm so excited for this blush!  I've had one cream blush before from MAC, but it was too orange for my skin tone, so I ended up giving it to Elise just a week ago.  However, this shade is perfect! I took the picture of it next to the blush I currently use every day. They are really close in color!  It's a blue-based pink, and it is absolutely lovely. I used it today, and it gives a very nice, natural looking glow to my skin. It goes on a lot more sheer than the MAC cream blush I used to have, and I really like that. One thing I don't like very much is really obvious blush.

  • Psssst! Instant Dry Shampoo. Travel size. $2.99 if you buy it from Freeman Beauty.

I'm really excited about this dry shampoo!  I love dry shampoo, especially since I have extremely dry hair. I try to only wash my hair 2 or 3 times a week so that I can get as much natural oil going on in there as possible. Dry shampoo helps a lot with that.  If your hair is greasy and you don't want to wash it, spray some dry shampoo on the roots, spread it around evenly, and you've got yourself a fresher hairdo!

I haven't tried this yet because I washed my hair this morning.  However I sprayed some on my arm, and it smells like coconut!  Such a fun, summery scent!  Really excited about this.


I didn't get a picture of the bag on its own - oh well!

Ipsy always sends the items inside a cute little bag.  Lots of people were excited about this cheetah print bag, but I'm not really a huge fan. It looks very similar to the bag I gave Elise just last week!  Looks like someone will be getting this one too, any takers?  I would have loved a zebra print bag... oh yeah!  I'm looking forward to the future ipsy bag designs, maybe I'll end up keeping them. If not, well, then I hope my mom, or my sisters are in need of some cute little bags. :)


Total value of ipsy bag: $46.48.  (That's if I don't include what it would cost for tax and shipping on all these items!) I paid $10, tax and shipping included.  However, when I move to North Carolina I will have to pay tax on it, since they are based there.

ipsy is totally worth it. Here's my referral link if you want to try it out!

http://www.ipsy.com/?refer=u-hh1dhitczm8r4e9

If you subscribe to ipsy, what did you get this month?  Did you like your items and the colors they came in?

1 comment:

  1. You know I want the cheetah print bag! Also, do you still have my book? I can't find it but I thought I got it back... haha. That is so fun! I want to try this!

    ReplyDelete