Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Exercise

I've been doing really well with my (low) exercise goals.  I've been working out every night after work for 30 minutes.  I'm still only doing the Insanity warm-ups.  I'm improving!  But I'm not yet ready to commit to the entire workout.  I'm not sure I'll ever be ready... However, next week I'm going to do the warm up, stretching, and the first circuit from all of the workouts.  My idea looks like this:

Weeks 1 & 2
Monday: Plyometric Cardio Circuit warm up & stretching
Tuesday: Cardio Power & Resistance warm up & stretching
Wednesday: Cardio Recovery (entire workout)
Thursday: Pure Cardio warm up & stretching
Friday: Cardio Abs (entire workout)

Today was Tuesday of Week # 2. 

The following is my goal for the next two weeks:

Weeks 3 & 4
Monday: Plyometric Cardio Circuit warm up,  stretching & first circuit
Tuesday: Cardio Power & Resistance warm up, stretching & first circuit
Wednesday: Cardio Recovery (entire workout)
Thursday: Pure Cardio (entire workout) (this workout doesn't have circuits after the warmup, it's non-stop cardio!)
Friday: Cardio Abs

I'll figure out where to go from there after I see how I'm feeling on week 4.

Since I typically gain wait when I first start exercising, I won't be weighing myself again until next Monday morning, and then I'll weigh myself every other week from there.  Watching the scale go up makes me not want to work out.

At first I was going to work out on Saturdays also, for a total of 6 days a week, however, with working at night, working out after work, and then having 9am church, it just wasn't going to happen.  So, 5 days for now.  When I start Insanity for real, that will have to change, because I have this OCD thing where I have to be on a schedule that matches the one that comes with the program.  I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty much only working out 20 minutes a day. I think that consistancy is key! I also saw you were on My Fittness Pal too! I'm trying to eat more smaller meals so I don't get too hungry and over do it. And less processed foods. We will see how it goes!

    ReplyDelete