Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Ipsy October Glam Bag Review

Fun fact! I have a love-hate relationship with blogging and writing product reviews. I love writing reviews on Ipsy, and I want them to be done perfectly, in a certain way. At the same time, I hate them because I can't do them fast enough.  So basically, I want them done perfectly, and I want them done now/5 minutes ago.  I can't really have it both ways, and I usually end up not being entirely happy with my result.

Well, that was nice, wasn't it?



I got my Ipsy two weeks ago, and I've been having fun playing with my items.






What is Ipsy?
Each month, subscribers will receive a beautiful Glam Bag with deluxe samples and full-sized beauty products. Members can watch and play along with the stylists with the same products that they are using. All for only $10 a month.

So go ahead, take the beauty quiz, get your first Glam Bag, watch the videos, and create your own!

 From Ipsy's site


  • Zoya Nail Polish in Mason. Full size. $8 if you buy it from Zoya's site
 Part of the Fall 2013 CASHMERES & SATINS Collection, these shades are created to work together with this season's most stylish runway designs and luxurious fabric blends. These ultra long-wearing, glossy nail lacquers by Zoya are BIG5FREE - free of toluene, camphor, formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin and dibutyl phthalate (DBP).

When I painted my nails with this polish, it lasted really well!  I really like the color. It's a deep purple with very fine red-violet glitter in it. It took two coats for it to be opaque, and it didn't dry very shiny or shimmery.  I added a top coat and it was the perfect amount of shine.


  •  Buxom Full-On Lip Polish in Dolly. Mini size. Full size is $19, or you can buy a set of 6 different colored minis for $29 at Sephora. Estimated value: $4.83. 
Tingle, plump & shine your pout to super-sexy proportions with sheer, shimmering Full-On™ Lip Polish in Dolly. This bestselling dusty mauve gloss creates the look of fuller, more voluptuous lips while Vitamins A & E help keep them soft, smooth and protected.

I am not a fan of this gloss. When I tried it, I couldn't tell that I was wearing gloss at all, it just looked like my natural lips. It stung a bit, but that was probably the "plumping" part of it.  I traded this product on an Ipsy swap page for Benefit Porefessional, which I decided I'm in love with.  So, I'm happy I got this gloss so I could get a different product that I really love.


  • Sexy Hair Blow Dry Gel. Travel size. $5 if you buy it from Ulta.
The Sexy Hair Blow Gel is an alcohol-free gel that thickens hair while adding volume. It also helps retain moisture so your hair never feels dry. Delivers a light to medium hold. 

I'm not very impressed with this product, however, I didn't use it correctly.  I put it in my hair while my hair was still wet after washing, and it didn't do much.  You are supposed to blow dry your hair while using this, so next time I will try that and see if it adds any "vavoom" to my thin hair.


  • H2O Plus Face Oasis Hydrating Treatment. Deluxe sample size. Full size is $36 if you buy it from H2O Plus's site. Estimated value: $7.20
The H2O Plus Face Oasis Hydrating Treatment is a clinically proven oil-free moisture gel that delivers deep hydration. Marine botanicals rapidly replenish depleted skin and fills surface lines with a surge of moisture. Vitamins A and E helps fight against environmental damage and phospholipid microspheres deliver time-released hydration to keep skin looking revitalized all day. 

I really like this moisturizer. I have dry skin, and I always use moisturizer after washing my face. (You should moisturize after washing your face no matter what type of skin you have.) This moisturizer is nice because a little goes a long way, it soaks in to my skin quickly, and it does not leave my face feeling sticky or greasy. I also like the smell of this product; it is a very light, fresh scent.

 
  • be Delectable Hand Cream in Strawberries & Cream. Gift set size. The gift set comes with four, 2 oz bottles for $14 if you buy it from Kohl's. Estimated value: $3.50.
Indulge your hands with a well-deserved treat. This ultra nourishing hand cream is enriched with shea butter, coconut oil, and aloe vera to smooth, nourish and rejuvenate hands and cuticles. Rich, and never greasy, this beautiful blend is kissed with a delectable scent. Available in four delectable scents, coconut & cream, strawberry & cream, vanilla & cream and lemon & cream. 

Not a fan of this hand cream. I tried it out once and the smell was overwhelmingly sweet.  I am not a fan of sugary sweet smells in my lotion, hand soap, body wash, shampoo, candles, room sprays, Scentsy bars, perfumes or any other fragranced item.  I think the only thing that should smell like dessert is dessert. So, I traded this item for Benefit Sugarbomb gloss and Benefit Benetint samples.  I'm extremely happy with my trade, so I'm happy I got this item!


Breakin' it down
Zoya Nail Polish: $8
Buxom Lip Polish: $4.83
Sexy Hair Blow Dry Gel: $5
H2O Plus Moisturizer: $7.20
be Delectable Hand Cream: $3.50

Total Value: $28.53





It was a lower value month, but I'm really pleased with everything that I ended up with. So, it's another successful month!


Interested in trying Ipsy?  I'd love it if you used my link!  http://www.ipsy.com/?refer=u-hh1dhitczm8r4e9

No comments:

Post a Comment