Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Sweet Moments

Does this happen to you?
You go check on your child(ren) and they are doing something really super cute, so you hurry to try to film them. By the time you start filming them, they have stopped. Or they saw you and stopped.
This happens to me almost every day! You'd think it would be easy to catch anything on film because of cell phones, but the precious moments slip by too quickly to even take 10 seconds getting my phone to video recording mode.
Yesterday Lily had two super cute moments I wish we had caught on film. Lily has been a bit of a terror lately. Her favorite thing to do is scream at me and hit herself, especially when I won't let her have candy. This little girl has quite some sass for someone who can't put together sentences yet.
Anyway, moment number one happened after dinner. For dinner I fed her pork roast pieces and mashed potatoes on a plate, with her in her high chair. She also had a sippy cup of water.
She cried all the way through dinner and didn't eat a danged thing. When Lance and I were done eating, we let her down and she immediately went to where there was candy. "Numanum?" she asked.
Side note - There is always candy in this house. Why is there always candy in this house? Enough with the junk food! Don't even get me started on grandma's complete disregard for my request that Lily not get candy every day.
Anyway, I didn't give her candy when she asked. She had a meltdown, of course, but I ignored her and went to watch Dancing With the Stars.
Another side note - DWTS is an awesome show, but I never get to watch it live because I work at night. Sometimes I can't see the episode until the weekend, when it originally airs each Monday night. Can't have my cake and eat it too, I guess.
Lily came down and was sitting quietly in the fireplace with her water. Then she went back upstairs. What happened next made me giggle because it was so cute.
She got her plate of food off of her high chair and carefully held it as she went back down the stairs towards us. She walked across the room and sat back down on the brick in front of the fireplace. She put her food on her lap and ate it while she watched TV with me. She didn't say a word.
It was so adorable! I just giggle when I think about it.
I'm posting this from my pione and it takes forever, so I'm going to post the other cute moment later.

No comments:

Post a Comment