Thursday, October 24, 2013

Wanna Be Cosmetologist


The past few months I've had a really big hair dilemma.

If you know me, you already know I like to change my hair.  I like to change its color and cut quite often.  Doing this requires having a hair stylist that I trust with my hair.

Moving to North Carolina has caused me to be over 2,000 miles away from the person who has been doing my hair for the past 6 years.  How do I go about finding a new person?  How do I find someone who will be patient with me when I say that I want to go back to being red after repeatedly bleaching my hair every 6 weeks?  And then again, have more patience when I tell them I want to go back blonde just after we finally get the red to stay in?

:-)

To be honest, I haven't tried to find someone. I've just been feeling sorry for myself.  Sure there are a couple people in my current ward who do hair.  However, they're both a little older, and while I realize that shouldn't matter to me, it does.  I want someone who's extremely current with the trends and new ways of doing things.  Someone who, even though they've graduated, still takes classes and goes to workshops.

Kellyanne taught at a hair school, so that right there is enough for me to know that she knows what's current.

So yeah, I haven't found someone new to do my hair.

Two months ago I went to the Paul Mitchell school they have out there.  They did an OK job, I thought.

Well, my roots were getting pretty nasty, so it was time to stress over where to go again.

I decided to do it myself.

Yeup.

Bleach my own hair.

Why not?

I figured, if I fried the crap out of  my hair... I always wanted a pixie cut anyway.

Well, I fried the crap out of my hair.

Before:


After:


Jokes! My hair turned out just fine.  In fact, I did a better bleach job than the student at Paul Mitchell.  I had a yellow "stripe" about halfway down each strand of hair, which basically means they didn't lift it enough.  So now my roots and ends are lighter than the middle of my hair.  I haven't fixed it yet.  I'm going to see if using violet shampoo helps, and if not Kellyanne told me a couple of things I can do to make it better.

These pictures are pretty yellow from the artificial light, and my hair isn't yellow, like these show.  I'll have to take a pic (with make up on) in the sunlight sometime.

So yeah, little miss wanna be cosmetologist successfully bleached her own hair.  Booyah!


Next dilemma - the hair cut.

I am NOT about to cut my own hair.

Also, I have no idea what cut to get.  I'm so bored with my hair.  I just feel like it doesn't fit me at all.

Should I just get a pixie?

Can I just take a poll? Anyone who reads, vote for A/B/C?

Option A



Option B

 

Option C

2 comments: