Friday, January 16, 2009

Sometimes Ups Outnumber The Downs

...but not in Nottingham.

Turns out I am NOT going to St Louis. Here's the story:

Dani Johnson is the person who is in charge of First Steps to Success, and she had to have emergency back surgery last week, so she re-scheduled the seminar for February 7 and 8. My reservation to go to the seminar was still fine, so all I had to do was re-schedule my flight and hotel. Simple, right? WRONG!

Rachel was going to go with me and she bailed out because of the date change. So I called US Airways and tried to change the name on her ticket to Lance. But no luck, they wouldn't do it. Carrie (my manager) said that sometimes if you talk to them in person they are a little more understanding. So I drove up to the air port to talk to them. I explained to them what happened. I paid for the tickets, I should be able to put whoever's name I want on there, right? The guy I talked to was very nice, he felt really bad, but he honestly could not do anything. I would have to contact some corporate office and if they decided that my reasoning was feasible, they would send me a written letter of such and such and even then security might not believe me. Plus, I don't have time to wait for a freaking letter. So basically I was stuck with a ticket with Rachel Ward's name on it. I could cancel hers, and fly myself, but that's a $150 ticket change fee. $150 ticket change fee?!?!?! WTF? It doesn't cost money to electronically switch the effing dates on my flight to 2 weeks later. Come on!! So I just cancelled everything. I have a flight credit in my name and a flight credit in Rachel's name, but no money from Rachel yet. Hopefully she pays up. Hopefully the flight credit is worth SOMETHING. Even then, I have to pay the $150 ticket change fee in order to go book that new flight. It is so messed up. DO NOT FLY WITH US AIRWAYS!!

At least the hotel was nice and fair in cancelling my reservation and giving me 100% of my money back. Stupid airlines. Ugh !@#$%^&*()(*&^%$#@!

That is all. ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment