Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Mon Premier Amour

It's not what you'd think.


I was born in American Fork, UT, yes, but my earliest memories are of this town:


I lived in Ridgecrect, CA until I was 5 years old.  We had a town home in a little cul-de-sac called Lilac Square.  I saw the exact place on Google maps, and it made me feel very nostalgic.

Nostalgia is something that you, yourself can feel, but no one else really understands or cares to understand the feeling.  They can say, "That's cool!" but they will never understand the deep, emotional connection you have to that thing or place.

Anyway, my grandparents lived in a little town called Inyokern, which was about 10 miles from Ridgecrest.














I swear we went there every weekend.  They owned a lot of land out there, which they filled with coral-surrounded horses, donkeys and goats.  They had ducks and chickens, and they had a garden.  Actually, I think they had a couple of gardens.

In their back yard they had a HUGE grape vine.















I could spend all day out there eating grapes fresh off the vine.  They also had olive trees and pomegranate trees.  I'm sure this is where my love of pomegranates came from as well.

So there you have it, my first love:

No comments:

Post a Comment