Saturday, January 29, 2011

My Beliefs

To be honest, I'm really nervous to write about this.  I mean, I have beliefs, but sharing them... that's another story.  I rarely bare my testimony to anyone, let alone post it here for anyone to read.  But, here goes...

  • I believe that families can be together for all eternity.  That is the most important thing to me.
  • I believe that Jesus Christ was born and grew up on the earth, and started his church.  I also believe that Joseph Smith restored it.  The church I go to today practices and believes that same things that it did when Jesus was here.
  • I have felt the difference between the spirit of Christ, and the spirit of the devil, and I strive to live in a way that I never again feel any spirit other than the spirit of Christ.
  • I believe that the natural man is an enemy to God (That's in the scriptures, but I don't have them near me to give you the exact reference.).  Anyone who tells you different is full of it.  If I'm not working hard at living the gospel, I'm a natural man, and I'm an enemy to God.  This scripture would also explain my beliefs on homosexuality.  I believe same-sex tendency is a trial given to some, just how some people struggle with alcohol, anger management, morality, etc.  If we let our "natural man" take over, we will give in to those temptations every time.  We were all given our own weaknesses and trials to overcome.
  • I believe no one, but Christ, has been or ever will be perfect.  I believe in the Atonement.  I am thankful for it.  I know that through the atonement, everyone can be saved, if we repent.
  • I believe that children are perfect (even though I JUST said no one is perfect...), and can teach us a lot.  By perfect, I mean, they are not held accountable for their sins.  Children teach me to be patient, humble, kind, friendly, and honest.  Basically... the same things Jesus taught.

No comments:

Post a Comment