Thursday, January 27, 2011

My Best Friend


This is Sierra, she is awesome.  We couldn't be more opposite in our lives and interests.  So why are we friends?

Ok, I lied.  We're both addicted to Dr. Pepper.  I, however, am on my 5th day of no Dr. Pepper.  This is a big deal, since I averaged 20oz. a day before.

I've known Sierra ever since I moved to Pleasant Grove when I was 12.  I met her when I was at a hard time in my life.  I had just left my friends that I "grew up" with.  I felt like the world was over.  I felt like I was alone.  I'm actually not sure exactly how I met her.  I remember that it was in French class in 7th grade.  I sat by the text books, and she would walk by each day to get a book.  I was kind of dorky and would randomly say, "Hi!" to people I didn't know.  She was my lucky victim one day.  She looked at me like I was crazy.  I don't blame her.  I was crazy.

I don't remember if I asked her what her name was...  but, I do remember not ever remembering her name.  One day, after telling her I couldn't remember her name, she told me, "You can just call me Sir Andrew."  LOL.  What the crap?  Later I found out she was in the drama class and she was playing the part of Sir Andrew in some play or something.  But at the time I thought she was crazy.

Crazy and crazy go well together!

But how do you go from that yeah-we're-friends-but-only-at-school stage, to actually hanging out, outside of school?  Well, we both got invited to a mutual friends' birthday party.  I didn't really know anyone but Sierra at the party, and I just talked to her all night.  Besties ever since.

My favorite thing about Sierra is that she isn't afraid to tell me how it is.  If I'm annoying her, she will tell me.  If I'm being dramatic, she will tell me.  If she's upset with me, she will tell me.  If I've done something she appreciates, she will tell me.  If she misses me, she will tell me.  We communicate very well with each other.  Anything she can say to me, I can say to her as well.  Believe me, we've had our fair share of arguments., including unresolved arguments.  We just simply have different opinions on life and religion.  But, I don't mind.  She is straight up with me, and I appreciate it.  There is no guessing what her emotions or thoughts are, because she tells you.

I would give examples of how we are opposite, but I'd rather not.  So, just trust me.  We took completely different life paths, but somehow we always take the time to hang out and catch up.  When I feel like everyone is lying to me, I can turn to Sierra to find some truth.  I'll always appreciate her, and I'll never forget how she's always been there for me when I've needed her the most.

She's getting married this year!  Squeeeee!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment