Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Insanity Day 2: Plyometric Cardio Circuit

Gooooood morning!  Before working out this morning I was a bit sore, mostly in my inner thighs and in my chest and upper arms.  When my alarm went off, I, for a second, thought about skipping it today.  It's only day two and I thought about quitting!  But, like a champ I got up.  Hopefully getting up early gets easier as time goes on.

I couldn't get all the way through the warm-up this morning.  I got through the warm-up circuit once before pooping out.  I did some here and there throughout the rest of the warm-up.

After the warm-up is about 6 minutes of stretching.  Can I just say that when your thighs are sore from the previous day, and shaking from what little of the warm-up I did today, some of these yoga stretching positions are incredibly hard.  I don't want to think about tomorrow.  The picture below is of the stretch that gives me the most difficulty.  My arms and legs are shaking uncontrollably, they are sore, and I'm supposed to support my weight like that?  Yeah right.  I tried!  I couldn't hold it for as long as Shaun wanted us to, but I tried!



The rest of the workout has two circuits that you repeat three times each.  I was still recovering from what little I did of the warm up, so I missed the first two repetitions of the first circuit (also, I started this blog).  I'm starting to think that maybe I'm not trying as hard this time of Insanity because I know what's coming, and I know what I could handle before.  Not good.

After doing only what was supposed to be the third time through the first circuit, I was too tired to start the second circuit.  I was already exhausted, and my muscles were already weak.  You've gotta be kidding me!  I've got to get better at this.  However, I did do the second and third repetition of the second circuit.  Shortly after starting my first (the DVD's second) repetition of the second circuit, I remembered that this workout is the one that made me very emotional near the end.  Today was no exception.  I began crying.  Oh yes, crying, like a baby.  I was so tired, and so weak, and Shaun kept yelling at me to "Go! Go! Go! Push! Push! Push!" and I couldn't keep up, and it was hurting, and I was pushing.  But, I did it.  Not nearly with as much speed or intensity as the people in the video, but I did it, and that's good enough for me.

The cool down stretch was easier than the warm-up stretch, but still hard, especially since my muscles were shaking.

Wish me luck for Cardio Power & Resistance tomorrow.

If you're not familiar with Insanity, here's a video about it. I tried to find one of Shaun yelling so you would understand why I cried.  Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment