Thursday, February 24, 2011

It Seems to Me, That Your Memory is Lacking

and it hurts my feelings.

Today is my sister-in-law's birthday.  Happy birthday, Laura!

At work we all signed a virtual card for her.  Our co-worker, Betty, said this:

"Remember my first day at work, and you invited me to Kneaders with you? Who knew we'd become such great friends!"

This hurts my feelings because *I* invited Betty to Kneaders with Laura and me.  I remember it very well.  Laura and I were ICQing about how hard it is to include new people, and we were both afraid to say anything to Betty before we left for dinner.  As we were getting up, I just blirted out in a nervous fashion, "Betty, want to come with us to dinner?"  And she said, "Where are you guys going?"  and I said, "Kneaders."  And she came with us!  I expected her to politely decline, but she came, and it was great.

Laura getting the credit for something that *I* did, that was really hard for me to do, hurts my feelings.  I think everyone likes to get credit for things they've done.

Logically, I'm telling myself to get over it.  Emotionally, it just hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment