Monday, February 28, 2011

Insanity Day 6: Plyometric Cardio Circut

I didn't cry today!  Yay!

I went through the warm-up and each circuit twice, so I'm pushing along and getting better and stronger.  It was very difficult.  The hardest part about these workouts is going up the stairs afterward to get ready for work.  Hee hee!

I started out the workout wearing the Easy Tone shoes and I have to say that they really do work.  My feet and legs were all achy, so I only lasted through the warm-up and part of the warm-up stretch before I had to take them off.  They really slowed me down because they make you off balance a little bit.  I think they've heavier than the Pumas I have been wearing, so that doesn't help either.  But it will make me stronger in the end.  I think part of the feet-achy-ness was because they're new and still need to be worn in.  So I'll definitely wear them for at least the warm-up again tomorrow.

It really bothers me that I'm a day behind.  I was thinking about doing two workouts on Saturday, but that would be crazy this early into it.  My first two-workout day is this week though.  I'll do Pure Cardio and then Cardio Abs.

I can feel my body changing already.  Things feel tighter, I have more energy, I'm happier.  My weight is the same so far, but I know I do need to eat less.  I've been doing terrible on my diet.  For example, I went to Olive Garden and had this:
This is pear and Gorgonzola stuffed ravioli with shrimp and a balsamic glaze.  I substituted chicken for the shrimp because I'm not a shrimp fan.  It was amazing!  There are few things better than a pear and Gorgonzola combination.  I also ate a few bread sticks and plenty of salad.  But, don't you worry, I have more than half of this left over so I will be eating it for lunch today.  When I go to Olive Garden, I like to fill up on salad and bread sticks and then take most of my main dish home for a meal the next day.  Two meals for the price of one!

Guys, please help me diet better... yikes!  I'm so hungry now that I'm exercising.

1 comment:

  1. I admire you for doing these workouts! Brandon and I have talked about losing weight/toning up and we're struggling with that. I love reading your blog each morning to hear of your success!

    ReplyDelete