Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Insead of naming it Insanity, they should have named it Suicide

I feel like anyone who is as out of shape as I am, or in even worse shape than I am would die if they pushed as hard as Shawn T and the people in the videos.  Seriously....  I pushed myself hard, and I ended up resting twice as long as they did, if not longer.

Yesterday's workout was hard, today's was even harder.  Yesterday started with a little sweat, today started with a puddle.  By noon yesterday my muscles were sore and the soreness got worse throughout the day until it more than doubled over night.  I felt like I was going to break when I got out of bed this morning.  So that's what I had to work with when I started my 40 minute cardio circuit.

The program has 10 different videos.  You cycle through the first five for 30 days, then you cycle through the second five the second thirty days.  So you're doing something different every day.  Looks like I will be sore for the next two months!

Day two down, 58 more to go!

I love that this program comes with a nutrition guide.  Honestly, I haven't looked at the whole thing.  But I read enough last night that I guess I'm supposed to be eating 5 to 6 meals a day that are 300 - 500 calories each.  I think that will be hard for me since I've limited myself to about 1200 calories per day for the last three years.  I did that because I wasn't exercising, and now that I am exercising I think I would starve to death.  No wonder I was so hungry yesterday!

I did my workout, and afterwards I was hungry.  I had a granola bar.  I was hungry maybe an hour later, but I pushed myself and waited until 11:30 to eat lunch.  I was hungry an hour after that.  So I had some carrots.  When I got home from work I was hungry again!  Luckily, I had put dinner in the crock pot before going to work, so I could eat as soon as I got home.  Then Lance and I went to the Jazz game, where I got hungry again, and we got hot dogs.  When I got home, I was hungry again so I had a bowl of cereal.

I think this will be the death of me.  I'm scared for tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Ha! That looks pretty freaking intense. I want to do it after I have the baby so I get back in shape. Maybe I'll start with something easier though... Is it 60 days everyday or do you take a day off once a week? GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe in you Jenjo! YOU CAN DO IT! :)

    ReplyDelete