Friday, February 5, 2010

Power of Positivity

Alright ya'll... Pure Cardio, just finished.  Let me just say that it's a good thing I had no idea what I was getting into when I turned the video on this morning because it was insane, for sure!  During the warmup (which, still feels like a workout in itself), Shaun T said he was nervous for what was about to come.  And I thought, "Oh crap."

Yeah, the buff people in the video couldn't last the whole time.  Obviously, neither could I.  But I did the best I could do, plus some.  That's all Shaun asks, is to give a little more than you think you can.  At one point I had to keep saying (out loud), "I can do it... Keep pushing, keep pushing."  Yep, I talked to myself.  But whatever, it works.  I'm a BIG believer in positive affirmations.  Instead of saying "I'm not tired." over and over again, try saying "I have plenty of energy left."  Over and over again, and see the difference.

When I have to give a talk, speech or presentation either at work or in church, instead of telling myself I'm not scared, I tell myself how amazing I am.  "I am fun, confident, and I look great today!" Works every time.  Pump yourself up and you can go far!

Ok enough of that.

I went and saw The Lovely Bones last night.  It was my first movie since November.  I thought I hadn't seen a movie since Harry Potter, but then I remembered that I saw New Moon.  But anyway, I read The Lovely Bones in high school and I liked it, but the movie is awful.  I don't know why I thought it was awful, just boring I guess.  And I thought the whole "space between earth and heaven" is crap.  I tried to relate it to Spirit Prison or Spirit Paradise, but in the movie it was a mixture of both for her, and I hated it.  Maybe I should have just left my religious beliefs about death out of it and just enjoyed the movie.  But, how can I leave my religious beliefs out of something when religion is my whole life?  Or at least, should be my whole life.  The only reason we're even here is to learn how to get back... so yeah.. anyway.

I'm gonna go shower now.

1 comment:

  1. I have to do the positive affirmation thing when I run. I'd never even get my butt out of bed to do it if I didn't! Now I'm going to start saying, "It's easier than what Jenn's doing..." :)

    ReplyDelete