Sunday, November 13, 2011

Family and Cinnamon Rolls

Last night Lance got to feel baby Lily kick or punch or whatever she was doing.  It was pretty consistent for a while, and my whole tummy was moving, so I think she may have had the hiccups.  Anyway, I was glad we got to share that.  Let's say that I am thankful we got to share that, and count it as yesterday's thankfullness!

Yesterday was a pretty good day.  Lance had to work at the Disney Store from 11am to 7:30pm.  So we got the girls (our dogs) in the car and dropped him off.  Then I came home and lounged around playing on the computer.  My dad was online on Skype so I got to talk to him, and my mom, and my sisters.  It was nice.  Then I decided that I was going to take some of the wonderful cinnamon rolls I made over to Eric's house so they could help me eat them.  That was fun too.  I hadn't seen Mabel in a while.  It seems like she's learned something new every time I see her!  She now can clap (has been clapping since before her first birthday), say "touch down!" and throw her hands in the air, blow kisses, say "kitty, kitty, kitty, " say "tickle, tickle tickle," she knows the word "bubbles", and when you ask her what the cat says, she says "OW, OW, OW" meaning "meow, meow, meow."  She's been saying "Hi!" for a really long time too.  That was her first word.  So stinking cute!

I let Mabel play with my phone and after she had it for a while, she handed it back to me.  Then I handed it back to her, and she handed it back to me.  I didn't understand what was going on until Katie said, "She wants you to turn it on for her."  That made me laugh!  I said, "No, Mabel.  You can't make your phone calls on my phone, sorry."  She got bored of the passing back and forth game.  I guess cell phones aren't fun if they aren't lighting up!

My dad was still on Skype, so we chatted with my family more while I was at Eric and Katie's.  It makes me feel like I pretty much got to spend the whole day with my family.  I'm thankful for that.

Let's talk about these cinnamon rolls, shall we?  I had a craving for cinnamon rolls, and decided that I would just make some.  I had no idea how much effort you have to put into cinnamon rolls.  I started at 7pm on Friday night.  I browsed some recipes from some of my favorite cooks (Pioneer Woman, cooks on the Food Network, etc.) and decided to do a combination of Pioneer Woman's cinnamon rolls, and Alton Brown's cinnamon rolls.  However, neither one of their icings appealed to me, so I made up my own.  I made an awesome decision.  The only change I'll make for next time is to double the brown sugar/cinnamon/butter filling!  I cut the dough recipe in half, because I just wanted one pan of cinnamon rolls, but it still ended up making two pans full.  So, I have a pan of uncooked cinnamon rolls in my freezer for when I go visiting teaching this week.  Awesome.  I had a finished pan of overly-frosted cinnamon rolls at about 11pm on Friday.  And they were wonderful.  And I woke up 10 pounds heavier.   I'm thankful that I can blame my weight gain on Lily.  :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment