Thursday, November 17, 2011

Mo Tab

I am thankful for the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

I have a Christmas Pandora station I've been listening to lately, and it has some popular songs by popular artists as well as instrumental and Mo Tab songs on there...

The Mo Tab songs are the best. For one, the songs they sing represent the true meaning of Christmas, rather than getting presents, or missing someone they love, etc.  It's nice to not hear about Santa in a song once in a while.

Santa Baby = the most annoying Christmas song. Ever.

Another reason I like Mo Tab Christmas songs the best is because of the spirit they bring when you listen to them.  I like the Mo Tab version of O Holy Night better than Celine Dion's version, or Josh Groban's version, or any other version.  I've wondered why this is for a while, and I think I've figured it out today.

Each member in Mo Tab has a testimony of each song they are singing, and you can feel it through the way they sing.  It's as if they are perfect vessels for the spirit to send its message through.  They are not just trying to sound good.  They are not singing for money.  They are singing because they love the Lord, they love music, and they love to share the gospel with others.  Most importantly, what they are singing is true.

And I love them.  I'm thankful there are some Christmas songs out there that aren't focusing on presents, Santa, and kissing under the mistletoe.

1 comment: