Thursday, November 10, 2011

Lance

You know how people say they love their spouse more now than they did the day they married them?

I never understood it.  How can you love someone more?  Shouldn't you already love them a lot if you're going to marry them?  What happens to make you able to love them more?

I can tell you that I love Lance more now than I did at the beginning of this year.  I'm not sure how it happened.  I think life throws trials, sadness, hardships and other things at you, and when you stick together and work together at helping each other you grow together, and that helps you fall more in love with each other. 

Just noticing how he's changed with the news of becoming a father has made me love him more.  He was always been a great guy, but now he's more patient, more caring, more loving, and more kind to me than he ever has been.

We went to Planet Play last week for a little fun.  He kicked my bum at mini-golf, and I kicked his at mini-bowling.  :)  It was fun to get out and play, just the two of us.  Usually when we go places like that, we always include other people.  It was different for it to be just the two of us, but I really enjoyed it.

Obviously, I am thankful for Lance.  I am thankful for his forgiving heart, and patience with me.  I am thankful for his work ethic and how hard he works to support us.  I am thankful for his friendship.  He understands me more than I understand myself.  I am thankful that he never gets upset when I say I don't feel like making dinner, or doing laundry, or doing the dishes.  I am thankful that he will pitch in and do those things.  I am also thankful that he has the same addiction as I do to eating out. I'm thankful that we can compromise about anything.  I'm thankful for his kind, loving parents, who raised him to respect others. He is the perfect balance of his shy, quiet mom, who mostly keeps her opinions to herself, and his outspoken, talkative, friendly father who loves to make sure everyone else is happy.

I don't really like to brag, but, I have an awesome marriage.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment