Sunday, November 6, 2011

Mom

I'm thankful that my mom cooked dinner practically every night while I was growing up.  She taught me how to cook and clean and take care of a home.

I'm thankful that she inspired me to cook.  I love to cook.  I love finding new recipes to try and new techniques to use.

Here is a dinner that I'll be making this week: Braised Chicken With Tomatillos and Jalapenos.  I'll probably serve it with a cilantro-lime rice.

Also something I want to try to make soon: Chocolate Ricotta Pudding

There is something about the fall and winter that brings out the inner chef in me and I get more adventurous than normal.  I have hundreds of recipes in my "to try" folder on my computer, but in the fall I always tend to add more and more...  I'm super excited for the day I'll be able to stay at home and make amazing dinners every day.

PS: I'm horrible at updating my recipe blog.  But maybe when I stay at home I'll update it more often.  The thing is, I want to include pictures but I always forget to take pictures when I cook, so maybe I should just forget about the picture idea and just start posting more recipes.  Also, my photography skill is a 1 on a scale of 1 to 100. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment