Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Bunko

Bunko is a dice game that you play with 12 people.  There are three tables of four people.  You take turns rolling three dice, trying to get "points".  Round 1, you only get points if you roll ones or three of a kind of any number. Round 2 is is twos, etc.  Round 7 starts back with ones again.  If you get three of a kind of the number you're on (three 1s at once in round 1) that is a bunko, and the round ends.  You can also get bunko and end the round by rolling 21 points.

I love my bunko group. I've been playing with them for 6 years now!  I'm hosting tomorrow and I hope it will be the best one I've ever done.  I am SO EXCITED about the prizes I got, I want to keep them all!!

Each person on the team pays $10.  So, since there are 12 people, that's $120 dollars.  The prizes go like so:

Most bunkos: $30 prize
High score: $20 prize
Most zeros: $13 prize
Lowest score: $10 prize
Second highest score: $10 prize
Last bunko (the last person to get a bunko): $7 prize
Everyone else: $5 prize.

So you pay $10 dollars, but you don't always get a $10 prize.  However, you do get dinner, dessert, candy, soda pop, and a good night out with the girls!

I ordered the prizes online this time from Ulta, which, if you haven't been there... it's my version of heaven.  An entire store filled with makeup, skin care, hair care... and all sorts of magical items.  They also have stuff for men.

I was going to actually go to Ulta to get the prizes, but online had such amazing deals, I couldn't pass them up, and everyone gets more prizes because of the sweet deals I got!

$30 prize
L.A. Lady Set by Stila.  This comes with two Stila eye shadows, a Convertible Eye Color (an all-in-one eye liner, eye shadow and smudger),  and a Smudge Crayon Eye Primer + Shadow + Liner, and a Cherry Mint Lip Glaze. They also get a Shimmer Strips by Physician's Formula in Nude. (It's an Urban Decay Naked palette wannabe, but I've heard it's pretty good!)

$20 prize
Mariposa palette by Urban Decay. They also get one Night Club eyeshadow palette by Essence in Already Midnight?  I'm really excited about the Mariposa platte!  It was on sale, online only, for $15!  If I don't win this, I might buy one for myself! :-)



$13 prize
Deluxe Eyeshadow Box by Urban Decay. This comes with a little trial of their Primer Potion.  $13?  Awesome!  It was on sale, online only.  Again, I might want to buy one for myself.


Two $10 prizes
These are the Shimmer Strips by Physician's formula. I have one more in Nude, and another in Smoky. I'm also giving them a bottle of Shimmering Facial Whip by ELF.  It's really cheap ($1), but I've heard it's comparable to High Beam highlighter by Element ($26). Some people even like it better, so for $1 I think it's worth a try.



$7 prize
Smoky eyeshadow palette by NYX, and some ELF Shimmering Facial Whip.

 

Six $5 prizes
More Night Club palettes by Essence. I have more in Already Midnight? and also some in Dance Til Dawn. I'm also giving them some Shimmering Facial Whip.



I love makeup.

For dinner we have having Hawaiian Haystacks.  I found a great recipe that doesn't use cream of whatever soup. It's so delicious! Then I'm making my favorite No Bake cookies.

Bring on bunko!  I can't wait to see what I win!

No comments:

Post a Comment