Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Help! Follow Up

Working out at midnight is not fun.

Especially when you try Insanity, and fail, horribly.

If you started reading my blog post-Insanity, Insanity is a workout program that I was doing for quite some time before I got pregnant with Lily.  It's really hard.  It's mostly cardio.  I was in the best shape of my life, without even eating very healthy foods.

So last night I thought I'd give it a go.  I got about 2 minutes into it before I could no longer breathe and I thought I was going to have a heart attack.  I was red-faced, but not very sweaty.

Side note: Did you know that the better shape you are in, the more you sweat while working out?  Your body gets more efficient at cooling itself off, thus producing more sweat.

Any, back to what I was saying... The warm up?  Come on, the first two minutes are jogging, jumping jacks, heismans, etc.  Basically jogging stuffs.

So, after the warmup that I failed at I did the stretching, which felt nice.

Then I showered and went to bed.

Woke up with awesome bed head!  Short hair does that.

I will do it again tonight, though!  My calves are nicely sore, and I had more energy today than I do most days.  I also peed a lot more today, probably because I downed 40oz of water between the hours of 5pm and 12:30am last night.

I'm embarrassed to say that I rarely drink plain water.  Like ever.

So... this is a start.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know that about sweat! I just got back on the wagon on Tuesday so I'm with ya!

    ReplyDelete