Friday, May 24, 2013

Touching

I live near 7200 S, so that is the exit I use. If you go west, and under the overpass, there are usually homeless or needy people on every single corner where cars pass, holding signs, asking for help, looking very dirty.  To be honest, they make me extremely uncomfortable; I don't like to make eye contact.  I assume they all take my money and use it on drugs. I also assume their situations are mostly of their own accord, and handing them money will only make the situation worse.

However, today there was a man and a woman on the corner right where I get off the freeway.  His sign said simply, "Prayers help too."  It touched my heart.  If I had any cash or any food with me, he would have received it all.  I honestly have never thought about praying for the homeless that I see practically every day on those corners.

No comments:

Post a Comment