Monday, March 3, 2014

Focus T25 - Week 2

Day 8 - Monday | Cardio

I'm beginning to hate this workout. This is my third time doing it.  I can get four minutes into it without modifications before I need to take it easy.

I pushed harder today, and didn't do modified moves until halfway through.

I have to stop each move early for a water break. Next time I'll do better, I hope.

I got a side ache about halfway through. I think that's a sign of dehydration.  I drank about 16 oz of water during the workout, however, I drank a lot of soda over the weekend, so that's probably the cause of the side ache.

Bye bye soda?  I'm not ready to say goodbye to soda yet!

Day 9 - Tuesday | Total Body Circuit

Me at the beginning of the workout: "Oh, I love this workout! This one is fun."

...8 minutes later...

"I hate life."

I started out doing the regular moves and not the modified ones.  9 minutes into the workout, I started taking tons of breaks, but still doing the regular moves.  I skipped a move every once in a while because I was catching my breath.

About 15 minutes into the workout I started doing the modified moves, but I still rested more than I should have.

I'm still really sweaty, and really tired.  But, I think I should just do the modified moves the whole way through until I can do that without stopping. Then I'll move to the regular moves.

At least that way I won't be resting so much.

No side ache today!  I drank about 50 oz of water yesterday.  Hoping to reach the recommended 64 ounces today.

Day 10 - Wednesday | Speed 1.0

I don't really want to write about my workout today, but I am for the sake of being able to see my progress.

This is my favorite workout. Shaun T talks in a rhythm and the moves go to the beat of the music, so I can just tell myself that I'm dancing and having fun. And it works!

This workout alternates between cardio moves, and after each move you stop suddenly and do a balance test, so to speak.  I really like it. It's easier than the other workouts for me.

The problem today was that about 15 minutes into it, I got a horrible pain in my lower abdomen. It is still there now.  This is not the first time I've felt this pain, the first time was back in August.  Back then it was so bad I honestly thought I was going to die.  It was worse than 19 hours of labor pains, mostly because it was sharp and it was constant for about an hour.  This time doesn't hurt as bad as that time, but it still is really bad. Since August, I've had this pain maybe three times.  I have no idea what causes it. Laying down and relaxing doesn't help. Moving around doesn't help.  Some people say it's gas pains, but I've had gas pains before, and they don't feel like this.

Last time I had this pain, I actually went out and bought a pregnancy test.  My periods have been irregular since July, I've been off birth control since November 2012... it was possible.  But the test was negative, and I have no real signs of pregnancy. It does make me a little uncomfortable that we've been trying for a baby for 15 months with no success. And then I have these random issues in what feels like my uterus area.  Maybe there is something really wrong.

So yeah. Today I stood there in pain, watching the remainder of the workout, hoping it would go away soon so I could finish it out.  But, no, it's still here.

Day 11 - Thursday |  Cardio

Why is my least favorite workout the one done most often?  This is my... fourth(?) time doing this workout.  I did better today.  I stopped here and there, but I didn't stop as much. I did most of the regular moves, and not the modified, however, for some moves I did something between the two difficulties.

I can tell that I'm getting stronger, and that I can run longer without dying.


I'm really sweaty.

It's colder outside today. Not sure how cold, but my A/C hasn't kicked on, and it's 74 in my house. (My A/C is set to 76).  My windows are open and my ceiling fan is on.  It feels goooood.

I think it's more humid today, and that is contributing to my sweatiness right now.


Day 12 - Friday | Lower Focus & Ab Intervals

My legs are jelly and my abs are flabby.

There is something wrong with my copy of Lower Focus. It skips back the the beginning of the workout, then later it skips about 6 minutes in the middle.  I had to go online and find a video of someone doing this workout to get the moves for the 6 minutes I'm missing. So, I'm probably not getting the full benefit of this workout.  It is still really hard though.

I hate Ab Intervals because several times throughout the video Shaun tells us to feel our abs, or punch our abs and I don't like that. All I feel is skin and flab and squish.  It makes me want to work harder but it also makes me self conscious.

Day 13 - STATurday

I am up 1.2 pounds from my starting weight.

Day 14 - Sunday | Stretch

I skipped working out today. I watched The Oscars instead.

I'll be honest though. Trying to improve your fitness level with zero support isn't easy.  You work your butt off and all you have to show for it is a hunger level that helps you eat everything in sight and a pound of weight gained.

My husband doesn't care if I weigh 300lbs. My friends don't work out with me (just kidding, you know I don't have friends!).

We'll see if I can get out of my bad mood in time to work out tomorrow. Or next week at all.

1 comment:

  1. Keep going Jenn! You're doing so great! I'm a totally creeper and never really comment, but you are doing amazing and you are an inspiration to me! I need to start something soon because I am super self confident since I've had Ammon. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete