Thursday, March 20, 2014

Ipsy March Glambag Review





My Ipsy Glamroom
The Glamroom shows a picture of the bag, and the items you will be receiving.  If there are color variations of the item, it won't show you your specific color.

The four items on the top row are what I received this month.  The remaining seven products, are the other products that could have been in my bag, but aren't. I get discounts on the items and/or brands that are in my bag, or could have been in my bag.



Here's my bag and my four items.  I'm really loving the bag. The material is sort of reflective, and the pattern is by an artist from San Francisco named Klari Reis.  Pretty cool!




Please forgive my chapped lips. Seeing close ups of my lips makes me realize that I'm terrible at appling lipstick in the corners of my mouth. Lip liner will save me!

  • bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in Get Ready. Mini size. Full size is $18 if purchased from bareMinerals' site. Estimated value: $7.71

Creamy, super-saturated, ultra-pigmented color glides on like butter for full coverage in a rich satin finish. - from bareMinerals' site.

Get Ready is described as a warm rosy pink. I think it looks more mauve, and I love mauve colors!  This lipstick has the same smell as the Moxie lip gloss by Bare Minerals that I love. It smells like white chocolate and peppermint.  The texture of this lipstick is wonderful! It feels like butter and is so comfortable to wear. It's pretty shiny, so if you're a matte lipstick lover, this probably isn't for you.





  • Nicole by OPI Roughles nail polish in On What Grounds. Full size. Estimated value: $7.

Say hello to our newest innovation yet – Roughles (pronounced “Ruffles”) nail lacquer! These four flirty hues are perfect for spring, but they aren’t just any pastel polishes!  Roughles go on like regular nail lacquer, but dry to a speckled, textured finish–no top coat needed! - From Nicole By OPI's site.

After seeing this color in person, I decided it's not for me. I haven't opened it and I won't be swatching it. I'm sending to my sister in law, Laura. She collects nail polish and she didn't get it in her Ipsy bag this month.





A high pigmented long lasting formula for all day wear. Enjoy the convenience and versatility of creating many different looks from our eyeshadow quads. - From Be a Bombshell's site.

I was going to trade this eyeshadow quad, but I decided to swatch it just because I love swatching things.  From top to bottom the colors are: Bora Bora, Starlet, Rock Bottom, and Risky Business.  I really like Bora Bora and Risky Business.  I'm thinking about doing a neutral eye look but using Bora Bora underneath the eye for a fun pop of color.  We'll see how it turns out.




  • Klorane Smoothing and Relaxing Patches with soothing cornflower. 4 patches. 14 patches for $18 if you buy it from Dermstore. Estimated value: $5.14.

Revive tired and puffy eyes safely, naturally and effectively. Soothing and Relaxing Patches for Tired-Eyes are designed to revive puffy, fatigued eyes for a brighter appearance. Formulated with softening cornflower extract, smoothing and stimulating arnica and relaxing chamomile, these easy to use patches increase circulation while decreasing signs of stress, lack of sleep, prolonged activity, sickness and allergies. Use before a night out to diminish puffiness and dark circles, after a long day of working in the garden or as a once a week treatment for bright, smooth and youthful eyes. - From Dermstore

These sound pretty cool.  I recently received a mud mask in a giant beauty swap I did.  I didn't think to put these eye patches on with it.  You know how in movies the women wear freaky mud masks and then cover their eyes with cucumbers?  Yeah, like that.  I normally do a mask once a week, and next time I do my mask I'll definitely be using these as well.  Relaxation time.


Bag Value:
Bare Minerals lipstick: $7.71
Nicole OPI nail polish: $7
Be A Bombshell Quad: $16
Klorane eye patches: $5.14

Grand total: $35.85

It's a good bag!  Ipsy continues to help come out of my comfort zone with makeup and skincare and get me to try new products and colors.  That's the whole reason I signed up in the first place!

Interested in trying Ipsy?  I'd love it if you used my link!  http://www.ipsy.com/?refer=u-hh1dhitczm8r4e9
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment