Monday, March 10, 2014

Focus T25 - Week 3

Day 15 - Monday | Total Body Circuit

I did not work out today. I took Lily on a walk to Ross and Burlington Coat Factory. We both got new shoes.

It's about a 20 minute walk to get there, and we were gone for an hour and half.  So I'm going to go ahead and say I went on an hour and a half walk and call it good.

Day 16 - Tuesday | Speed 1.0

Today was a busy day - I was home for maybe an hour total.  I got up at 6am to take Lance to work so I would have the car. I met Carrie, a friend from Utah who I work with, for lunch.

Day 17 - Wednesday | Lower Focus

I felt guilty for skipping two days in a row.  I did not do Lower Focus today, but I DID do Total Body Circuit AND Speed 1.0 (Monday and Tuesday's scheduled workouts).  Go me!

I did the modified moves the entire time on Total Body Circuit, and I did the regular moves for Speed 1.0. I feel awesome!  Doing the modified moves on Total Body Circuit gave me a better workout because I didn't have to stop. I kept moving, and I could tell that I actually worked harder because I wasn't wearing myself out.

Speed 1.0 is my favorite workout, and I do push myself harder because it's fun.

I really do feel great right now.  I've already had 40 oz of water today!  But I haven't eaten anything yet...

Day 18 - Thursday | Cardio

I did yesterday's scheduled workout, Lower Focus, today.  I was going to do both Lower Focus and Cardio, but decided against it after finishing Lower Focus.  I'm really exhausted, and Cardio sucks.

I did modified moves the entire time, and still took a few extra rests.  My legs are jelly, and I'm drenched in sweat.

For the 6 minutes of the video that I'm missing, I wrote down the moves to do, and I also wrote the number of reps I think I should do.  This actually might be better than following the video, because instead of doing a move halfway to keep up with the video, I do it to the best of my ability and go as slow as I need to, until I've completed the number of reps.

I think I will just skip Cardio this week.

Day 19 - Friday | Total Body Circuit & Ab Intervals

Ok, I didn't skip Cardio.  I did Cardio and Ab Intervals today.  I did Cardio because I hate it.  I hate Cardio because I'm bad at it. The only way to get better at it is to keep trying. So, yeah, I did Cardio because I hate it.

I did modified moves the entire time for both Cardio and Ab Intervals.

Ab Intervals - I pooped out five minutes into it.  I kept going, but it was so difficult and painful.

I wasn't as disappointed in how my abs felt as I punched them today. They're getting firmer!  Under the layer of flab, of course, but it's a start.

My planks are tons better. I can hold them a lot longer than I used to be able to. Both high and low.  It's actually harder on my shoulders and arms than it is on my abs.  Don't get me wrong, my abs are NOT strong, but my arms and shoulders are apparently worse.

Just kill me now. Thanks.
 Day 20 - STATurday

Whoops! I forgot to weigh myself today. I weighed myself Monday morning, and I'm up 1.4 lbs from my starting weight.

Day 21 - Sunday | Stretch

I didn't do the Stretch workout. I like the feeling I got after I did this workout two weeks ago, it's just hard for me to break away from my family on the one day where I get to spend the entire day with them.  We had a great evening together!  We actually went to the Magic Kingdom.  We got there at about 7:30pm, and tried the new FastPass+ system out, and we got to ride more rides than we have since we went back in September!  It was great! But that's a story for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment