Sunday, March 23, 2014

Focus T25 - Week 4 (Take Two!)

Day 22 - Monday | Cardio

I pushed hard today.  I did the regular moves for most of the workout.  When I got tired I did the modified moves.  I stopped less than I have in the past.  I feel good about it.

I realized another reason why I hate this video.  One of the people in the video, Christina, is way too happy to be there. Any time Shaun asks, "How are we doing?"  She yells, "Great!" with this big smile on her face. This is another reason I like Insanity better.  People honestly tell you they feel like (fill in the blank).

She also enjoys it way too much when Shaun uses her as an example.  He had his hands on her waist at one point, to push her lower into her squats. The look on her face is the look your frenemy would give you if you both went after the same guy and said guy was flirting with her.  (I know you know what I'm talking about!)

Sorry honey, Shaun T is gay and married and his husband happens to be standing behind you.

And when we complete a circuit and start at the bottom (or easiest part) of the next circuit, she acts all bored like it's too easy... When I'm doing my best, and I'm sweaty and tired, and staring at this girl who is bored, I kind of want to punch her in the face.

On another note, I am so gross and sweaty right now.  I decided to open my windows and turn off the A/C during the workout.  That was a terrible decision.

You see, it's cloudy outside, and it looked like a nice cool day.  Apparently it's 76 degrees and humidity is at 76%.  So, going outside for "fresh air" will feel pretty much the same as the sweat I have all over my body right now.

Note for my Utah peeps: I don't really understand the affect humidity has on the weather. But for comparison, in Salt Lake City right now it's 62 degrees with 17% humidity.

If you'll excuse me, I'm going to close my windows and turn my A/C back on.

 Day 23 - Tuesday | Total Body Circuit

This workout is hard. I did probably 50/50 regular and modified moves.  There are so many planks in this workout!  The planks aren't the problem, the "spider" pushups, plank walks to squats, and pike ups are an issue, however.

Looks like I get to do this one again on Thursday so hopefully I'll do better on Thursday than I did today.

 Day 24 - Wednesday | Lower Focus

I went between the regular moves and modified today.  I also skipped the 6 minutes I'm missing. I didn't feel like following my paper.  Whatevs.  My entire body feels exhausted and overworked right now, but I am not very sweaty.  It's probably because I didn't eat breakfast today.

I have been having a Breakfast Essentials packet, mixed with 1 cup of Silk Vanilla Almond milk and 1/4 cup Greek God's honey vanilla yogurt.  It's incredibly delicious and filling. But, we're out of milk, so I need to get some more.  I had my Greens today, but that's probably not enough to fuel my body for this workout.

By the way, I finally decided to stop buying cow's milk.  I am so tired of getting a stomach ache every time I want to eat cereal, and I don't ever drink plain milk.  Lance never tried the almond milk I bought, but he didn't seem too upset at the idea of not having cow's milk anymore.  I don't plan on being completely dairy free, just cow's milk free.

Hello,  have you ever seen me cook?  Butter is my life.

 Day 25 - Thursday | Total Body Circuit

Hard workout!  But guess what?  I nailed it!  I did regular moves almost the entire time.  I took I think three extra breaks.  I failed at some of the plank work, but I am so proud of myself and how far I've come.

My body feels different. It feels stronger.  I am so happy!  And I still have 11 weeks to do of this program!  I can't wait to see how much better I get.

I can tell my body is getting better at cooling itself.  I'm really sweaty right now, but I'm not uncomfortable.  Usually I'm sweaty and hot and uncomfortable, but right now I feel sweaty and refreshed.  Odd sensation.  I hope this helps my body deal with the humidity this summer.

Also, we purchased coconut milk. I LOVE coconut milk.  So delicious.  It's like I have a chocolate coconut milkshake for breakfast each morning.

 Day 26 - Friday | Ab Intervals & Speed 1.0

I think this was the first time doing Ab Intervals without doing a different workout first.  Boy, it was difficult!  Good news though.  When I punch my stomach, I feel less flab.  Seriously, I couldn't believe it.  Yes, there's still quite a bit of squish, but not as much as when I started.  I suppose this is when taking measurements would be beneficial. I'd be able to know for sure if I'm just imagining things.  Either way though, I'm thrilled.  I'm so thrilled with my progress!

I started Speed 1.0, then paused it. Then decided I wasn't going to do it. Then changed my mind. I forgot to eat breakfast this morning. Or drink breakfast. Whatever.  After doing ab intervals I was pretty exhausted.  But yeah.  Not enough sleep + no breakfast = bad Speed 1.0.  I ended up doing the workout, regular moves, but I got tired too early in each circuit.

Three cheers for sweaty and gross!
 Day 27 - STATurday

Ok, great news!  I am down 2.4 lbs from starting weight!  I could not be more excited right now.  That means that I've really lost 3.8 lbs from the heaviest I got after I started working out.

Before I weighed myself this morning, I looked at my self in the mirror and I said, "Wow! I look awesome!" My stomach is noticeably tighter, firmer and has less of a pooch.

If four (technically 5 weeks, since this week was a repeat) of Focus T25 can do this for my body, I am SO excited to see what the next 11 weeks will bring.  Bring it on!

 Day 28 - Sunday | Stretch

I did it today!  I've only done this workout once before. It's really easy, as far as workouts go.  It's purely stretching.  The hardest part would be holding a lunge, but I'll get there.

I'm ready for my last week of the Alpha round!





1 comment:

  1. Woot! Keep it up! Love reading your updates. I should do something like this when it's time to lose the baby weight

    ReplyDelete