Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Happy Birthday, Lily!

My blog posts over the past couple of weeks have been lame makeup ones or exercise ones. It's about time for me to talk about something real, I think.

I should go to bed though.  But I'm not tired!  I'm probably messed up from the time change.


Oh and I took a nap today.  That felt nice!



This little nugget:

 

turned TWO yesterday.




She seems so young and so big at the same time.

I love my little best friend.


I couldn't decide what to do for her birthday this year.

My original plan was to invite everyone in her nursery class to the park for cupcakes. When we went around looking at parks, we couldn't find any that would work.  There is a really nice one down by the lake, but good luck finding a spot to sit down!  That park was so crowded!  There is a really crappy one near our house, but there isn't anywhere to sit down.  We couldn't find any other parks nearby, so that idea was out.

Our next plan was to take her to Magic Kingdom after Daddy got off work. We actually ended up going on this past Sunday, and we had a great time.  We feel like if we went in the evening on a weekday, we wouldn't have much time to do anything.

So, we ended up staying home.  I bought some cupcakes, and Lance bought a candle in the shape of a 2. We got her a few new toys, outfits and art supplies.  We went on a walk as a family around our complex.  It was a nice little evening together.  I logged in to work after she went to bed.

Lily is so much fun, she makes me excited to have more kids.  She's honestly my best friend. She's a good helper, and she makes my days fun and exciting.  And messy.  I love her so much.


I hate posting blogs when I can't really give you very many pictures.  All of our pictures from today and from our Disney visit on Sunday are on Lance's phone.


We had so much fun on Sunday.  We tried the new FastPass+ system, and got to ride Peter Pan. We haven't ridden that ride in forever!  We also went on Little Mermaid, Winnie the Pooh, the Carousel, the People Mover, Pirates, and Haunted Mansion. We also rode the Tea Cups. That was my first time on there.  I was afraid I'd get motion sickness, because I get that just by swinging on a swing set, but it really wasn't bad at all.

Lily likes to sing the song from the Pirates ride.  "Yo yo, yo yo, ah meee!" That translates to: Yo ho! Yo ho! A pirate's life for me."

We visited the dance party that they have in Tomorrowland, and Lily met Mr. Incredible.  She was afraid of him, but it was really cute. Lance got it on video so we can cherish it always. :-)

Right before we left the park we were able to see a little bit of the Electric Parade. We thought Lily would like all of the glowing lights, and she did, but it was about 11pm at this time, so we needed to get her to bed.


I can't wait to play with Lily and her new play dough, crayons, and bubbles tomorrow.

1 comment: