Sunday, March 6, 2011

Insanity Day 14: Off

Is it funny that I'm writing even though I'm not working out today?

Thank goodness I'm not working out!  My back and obliques are sore today.  I can tell my body very much needs a day to rejuvenate.  Last year, when I completed Insanity, I would drink soda on Saturdays only, because I didn't have to work out on Sunday.  This time, I've completely quit soda.

Ok, that's not entirely true.  I have had some soda here and there, but it's been non-caffeinated, and only a couple of times in the past month or so.

Mostly I'm proud of myself because it's been over a month since I've had Dr. Pepper.  That was really hard to quit.  I was so addicted.  I use to drink two or more 20 oz. bottles every single day.  I'm saving some money this way.  If we go out to eat, water is free!  Water is best when it's ice cold.  Ice, ice cold.  I like to fill up my water bottle at night and put it in the fridge overnight so that it's as cold as can be when I work out in the morning.  I don't like to put it in the freezer, because then I have to wait for it to thaw.  I don't have time for that.  Also, I don't want ice in my water.  I just want ice cold water.

Yesterday, I asked Lance if he noticed if I was in better shape, and I told him to tell the truth.

Now, before I give his answer, you need to know that I'm not "one of those girls" who ask questions like this to get their man in trouble.  If you are one of those kind of people, it's OK, I'm not putting you down, I'm just saying that this was a sincere question I asked because I wanted a sincere answer.

He said, "When I had my arms around your waist earlier, it felt smaller than it used to." Then he paused, got a sly grin on his face and said, "But your bum is still the same."  Then we both laughed.  I'm fine with that.  Small waist, big booty?  Who could hate?  Hahaha.  Lance is great.  I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment