Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Insanity Day 17: Pure Cardio & Cardio Abs

Well, that was hard.

The first hard thing was waking up at 5:30 this morning. Getting up just 5 minutes earlier than I'm used to is hard, so when I decided to set my alarm for 30 minutes earlier than my normal 6am workout, I felt like I was crazy.  I probably am crazy.

The second hard thing was not going back to bed after I got up at 5:30am.  Getting up to shut my alarm off (I keep it right outside our bedroom door so I physically HAVE to get up and walk across the room), wakes up the dogs and they run ahead of me, so then I let them outside.  Not going back to bed after that, is hard.

The third hard thing was putting my all into Pure Cardio, fully knowing that I'd be doing another workout right after.  But I put everything I could into Pure Cardio.

Still dripping in sweat, and my muscles shaking from fatigue, I switched the DVD to Cardio Abs, let out a huge sigh, and mentally prepared myself for more sweat and more fatigue.

For a visual, here's Shaun T after Pure Cardio, before the cool down stretch:


I can happily and proudly say that I did MORE of Cardio Abs today than I did on Saturday, even though I did MORE of Pure Cardio as well.  Actually, I didn't do any of Pure Cardio on Saturday.  But today I did both, and I did both to the best of my ability.

How do I feel right now?  The sweat has dried, my pulse is back to normal, but my arm, leg, and stomach muscles feel very tired.  They would like to go to sleep now.  But there's one thing I love about working out in the morning: I can't go back to bed.  I have to push through my entire day.  By the end of the day, I am so tired that I sleep SO much better at night now.  I'm a really light sleeper, so I usually wake up when Lance comes to bed.  I haven't heard him once.  I'm sleeping so much deeper that I wake up feeling more refreshed and ready for the day ahead.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a fruit smoothie to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment