Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Insanity Day 37: Max Interval Plyo

This one didn't have three circuits after the warm up.  It had two, but then a few extra exercises at the end.  So I did the entire warm-up, the two circuits twice, and then all of the exercises in the last "circuit".

I forgot that these workouts are 15 minutes longer, so I should be getting up at 5:15am to get them done with enough time to shower and get ready for the day.

Anyway... this work out has my favorite move.  The pogo:


I don't know why it's my favorite.  It just is.  I guess, I just like how it makes my bum burn.  When jumping from regular squats, I think I sometimes push off of one leg more so than I push off of the other.  In the pogo, you're only standing on one leg, so it's 100% that leg that is being worked.  Very targeted.

This workout also has the hardest move (for me) ever.  The balance push-up:


The thing that is hard about the balance push-up is NOT that you lift an arm and leg off of the floor.  For me, it's hard because when you go down into the push-up, your elbows go BACK toward your body (not out).  My triceps SUCK!  I can go down, but pushing myself back up is nearly impossible.  So pushing myself up onto one arm and leg is even more impossible.  I can do this if I do a regular push up (elbows going out), then lifting myself onto one arm and one leg.  But, that's not really the correct way to do it.  Definitely room for improvement here.

No comments:

Post a Comment