Saturday, March 19, 2011

Insanity Day 27: Plyometric Cardio Circuit

Is anyone sick of me posting each day about this?  I kind of am.  But at the same time, I think it's good to have a fitness journal.  So if you've been skipping some of them, I totally don't blame you.  This is more for me than it is for anyone else.

This was my last level 1 workout, so I pushed and I pushed hard.  I seriously starting balling like a baby on the third time through the last circuit.  Tears, sweat, pain, moans of agony... I had it all.  But I pushed and pushed and here I am, exhausted.  I actually finished the workout about an hour ago, so I've had some time to recover.  I feel great now, but an hour ago I was sprawled out on the floor not wanting to get up, not wanting to go up the stairs, and not wanting to stand in the shower.  I need a shower seat or something.

So, after one month of Insanity...

  • My body is more toned overall.  I've noticed it the most in my stomach and my thighs.
  • My complexion is better.  This is probably more a result of quitting soda, but I quit soda so I could do Insanity without throwing up.  So, there you go, it's pretty much directly related.
  • I have more energy throughout the day.  I'm up at 5:30am and in bed by 9:30pm.  Early to bed and early to rise makes you less grumpy, ready to face any challenges, and ready to sleep at night.
  • I sleep better at night.  No tossing and turning. No waking up randomly in the middle of the night.  I also wake up fully rested.
  • I crave healthier foods.  Fries are still a temptation, but much less of a temptation than they used to be.
  • I'm more confident with my appearance in general.  I feel good about myself.  I'm more positive.
  • I have gained 0.4 pounds.  Yeah.  Not the greatest thing, considering that I'm in a weight LOSS competition.  But I know that the weight I've gained is purely muscle weight.  I wish they would go by body fat percentage instead of percentage of weight lost.  I don't weigh in until tomorrow, so I'll try to dehydrate myself between today and tomorrow.  Haha....

No comments:

Post a Comment