Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My First Kiss

I really hate that song, buy 3OH!3.  Ick.

I don't like talking about my first official kiss because I hated it.    Then why am I talking about it?  Because I'm doing this, in case you've forgotten.  I'm determined to talk about them all, no matter how painful.

But anyway, back to this "kiss". I didn't like the boy, and I didn't want to kiss him.  My friend liked him, she wanted to kiss him.  So she said, "If you had to choose between us, who would you kiss?"  He picked me, and I guess took it as an invitation to kiss me right then, right there, in the middle of a mall.  Blegh.  It was awkward.  And I let him do it because I was too scared to say no, or object in any way.

Looking back, I should have said something like, "Um, that wasn't an invitation.  I'm just here so you guys can hang out.  I don't like you."  Or something like that.  Maybe nicer?  But then again, teenage boys don't hear nice things as what they are, so you have to say things very directly, almost rude.

I hope, hope, hope my little sisters don't have to go through anything like that.  Please don't be afraid to say, "NO!" or push boys away, slap them in the face, anything like that.  Boys are stupid, and who cares what they will think of you?  Yes, it was just a kiss.  But it was a kiss I'd rather not have on my (extremely short) list.

I'll be the first to admit it, I was not a strong person as a teenager.  I was very dependent on my friends, I was who they wanted me to be.  I let other people define me, and I regret it.  I regret it so very much.

Luckily, I am happily married and I don't have to think about how dumb I was as a teenager.

(As a teenager) You think that what you want right now is so important and that it can't wait because the opportunity may never present itself again.  I can say that God is in control, and he may present the initial opportunity merely as a temptation, and hopefully you don't fall into it.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah...that would be awkward.
    Good thing I am 'the religious freak'.
    Nobody would dare. :)

    ReplyDelete